Here are a couple of wonderful ideas that I have always wanted to try!
Both were published in Country Living magazine. I know these were made for Valentines Day, But you could decorate them in any Holiday style!
To Make the Rosette Topper....
1. Cut a piece of paper 2" wide by 5" long.
2. Fan-fold across the narrow width of the strip.
3. Staple center.
4. Open out on either side of the center fold to create a circle. Glue sides together.
5. Cut a silver glitter pipe cleaner in half.
6. Hot-glue a glass bead to top of pipe cleaner.
7. Using Gold Crinkle wire, tie a triple bow and hot-glue to back of rosette.
8. Attach a Valentine cutout to front of rosette.
9. Glue rosette to pipe cleaner using a hot-glue gun.
To Make the Cupcakes.....
1. Bake: Make cupcakes using your favorite boxed chocolate cake mix.
2. Frost: To give the buttercream frosting a satiny pink hue, use Ateco's Spectrum gel food colors. Blend 3 drops of Deep Pink with 4 drops of Chocolate Brown, then mix into the frosting 1 drop at a time until the desired color is achieved. For picture-perfect peaks, spoon a dollop of buttercream on each cupcake, then smooth it out to the edge. Add a dollop more, then with a demitasse spoon or a small offset spatula swirl the frosting to create a fluff peak on top of the cupcake.
3. Decorate: Accent each cupcake with a vintage-inspired paper-and-wire topper, like the one seen here, designed by craft artist Melissa Neufeld.
To Make the Handle for Cupcakes.....
1. Cut a length of silver glitter pipe cleaner that is long enough to tuck in each side of the cupcake to create a handle.
2. Thread 3 glass beads—you can choose any bead you like or use vintage mercury glass beads, such as the ones we featured—to center of pipe cleaner.
3. Print “Valentine” onto paper, cut out, and attach to side of pipe cleaner.
4. Attach handle to cupcake by tucking both ends into cupcake.
Linking up with Tinsel & Company for Deck the Halls Friday!